Artificial Intelligence (AI) is like a gun in the hands of science, shooting bullets of salubrity, and the health sector is a ready torso set to experience the best of it.
A lot has been said of AI and machine learning to make unbiased experimental and clinical suggestions void of human influence. The immense use of AI for innovative findings, especially in health tech, has been thought to replace the need for medical professionals. However, that may not be possible because health tech cannot be without tech-savvy medical professionals, nor can it be improved without them.
On the contrary, AI can act as a third eye for medical personnel, especially radiologists, to help detect early cancer signs which may not be detectable by normal scans or the naked eye. Therefore, better accuracy and insights for cancer diagnosis is one advantage Artificial Intelligence delivers.
AI has improved cancer risk prediction and early detection of breast cancer. Currently, research is being done to check for the accuracy of AI in cancer diagnosis, 94% of AI systems used were more accurate than a single radiologist and a group of two or three radiologists, but the headway is that a number of predictions were as accurate as a radiologist would decipher. Lighting up the flames of hope that an accurate cancer diagnosis using AI is still possible to attain a more digitalized health sector.
How much can be achieved with AI in cancer diagnosis?
- AI can be used in the pre-screening stage to exclude low-cancer patients from full-blown patients.
- Aid radiologists make diagnostic decisions, thereby eliminating any chance of human error.
- Can add more details or screening after standard radiology assessment
- AI could also help determine how often scans should be done.
- To completely replace radiologist readers or reduce radiologist readers to just one. AI will be useful in assisting inexperienced radiologists find prostrate cancer and dismiss anything that could be mistaken for cancer.
Presently, AI models can locate the prostrate area and outline cancer-suspicious regions without human supervision. Compared with the conventional method of cancer diagnosis, AI is more informative than the X-ray approach for detection, and it monitors treatment faster and more accurately.
The AI cancer diagnosis algorithms is trained using several MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan and studies, it learns how to analyze and read data which is often not digestible for the human brain or naked eyes to decipher. AI is very instrumental to health management.
As AI enhances cancer diagnosis and treatment, in what area do you think AI has not been utilized positively?
Photo By Rawpixel